Mediation Tools for Community Rabbis
The course is open to all community rabbis irrespective of whether they have completed the basic mediation course. The course was developed by Rabbi Eran Margalit, head of Mishkan Shalom, and is a service offered to rabbis in collaboration with the Mosaica “Rabbis as Mediators Program.” Graduates receive a certificate from both Mosaica and Mishkan Shalom. This is not a basic mediation course and is open to rabbis with no previous mediation experience.
The course offers:
- Practical mediation and conflict resolution tools, methods for consensus building, appropriate conduct with synagogue management (gabaim and board), and more.
- Understanding how to apply mediation tools in rabbinical work.
- An opportunity to participate in a closed group for rabbis.
- Access to online Mishkan Shalom mediation course produced by Rabbi Margalit, with the option of accessing the online course on one’s time.
- Participation in live sessions, consisting of learning and practicing as well as discussion and sharing experiences with colleagues.
Course Length: Total of 30 hours, as follows:
- Viewing online course units at one’s own convenience – 10 hours
- Fulfilling unit summary assignments at one’s own convenience, and sharing with colleagues in closed group of rabbis – 12 hours
- Participating in four online live meetings focusing on implementing the theories learned into practice, raising case studies for discussion, discussion and simulation exercises – 8 hours.
Course instructor: Rabbi Eran Margalit, Director of Mishkan Shalom
Want to hear more?
Email us with the title line: “Interested in mediation course for community rabbis.” Please include your full name, phone number, and place of residence.